The following steps will guide you through setting up two BR-1600CDs to be used simultaneously.
- Audio Connection: Connect the left and right LINE OUT of the second “Slave” BR-1600CD to inputs 7 and 8 of the first “Master” BR-1600CD. Note: This will require two adapter cables with RCA on one end (connected to the second BR's LINE OUT) and 1/4" on the other (connected to the first BR's inputs 7 and 8).
- MIDI Connection: Using a MIDI cable, connect the MIDI OUT of the Master BR-1600CD to the MIDI IN of the Slave BR-1600CD.
- Speaker/Headphone Connection: Connect your speakers to the LINE OUT, or headphones to the headphone jack, of the Master BR-1600CD.
Master BR-1600CD Setup:
- Raise the white sensitivity knobs for inputs 7 and 8 to the 12 o’clock position.
- Press the MULTI-TRACK button on the top left of the front panel so that the button is illuminated.
- Turn the INPUT LEVEL knob to the 12 o’clock position.
- Press the REC MODE button until INPUT is selected.
- Press the PAN button.
- CURSOR to the next page on the left and select “PAN : INPUT 7”.
- Turn the TIME/VALUE dial counter-clockwise until “L100” is selected on the right of the screen.
- CURSOR to “PAN : INPUT 8”.
- Turn the TIME/VALUE dial clockwise until “R100” is selected on the right of the screen.
MIDI Setup and Sync:
- Press the UTILITY button.
- CURSOR to the SYNC icon, and then press ENTER/YES.
- Use the TIME/VALUE wheel to change the 'Sync Generator' parameter to MTC.
- Press EXIT/NO and then CURSOR to the MIDI icon. Press ENTER/YES .
- CURSOR to MMC Mode and use the TIME/VALUE wheel to select 'Master'.
- Press EXIT/NO to return the main screen.
Slave BR-1600CD Setup:
- Turn up the volume of all tracks and the Master to desired levels.
MIDI Setup and Sync:
- Press UTILITY.
- CURSOR to the SYNC icon, and press ENTER/YES.
- CURSOR to the MTC SLAVE parameter and use the TIME/VALUE wheel to set it to 'On.'
- Press EXIT/NO and then CURSOR to the MIDI icon. Press the ENTER/YES button.
- Set the MMC MODE to "Off".
- Press EXIT/NO.
Your two BR-1600CDs are now setup to operate together. All audio from the Slave BR-1600CD will be sent to, and monitored by, the Master BR-1600CD as a stereo (left and right) audio signal. Note: Tracks 7 and 8 will be unavailable on the Master BR-1600CD due to inputs 7 and 8 being used while in MULTI-TRACK mode.