XP-60, XP-80: Using the Direct Outs
The direct outputs of the XP-60/80 can be used to separate specific parts. Use
the following procedure to send the Rhythm Set out of the DIRECT-R Output and a
bass patch out of the DIRECT-L Output:
1) Press PERFORM so it's lit and use the VALUE dial to select a Performance.
Now you will need to enter Rhythm mode and set all of the instrument pan
settings to center:
2) Press RHYTHM so it's lit.
3) Press F4 "KEY TVA."
4) Press B1 (the bottom B on the keyboard).
5) Use the CURSOR buttons to select Tone Pan and use the VALUE dial to
6) Press the next key on keyboard to select the next tone.
7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all tones have been centered.
Now you can pan this Rhythm kit in Performance mode as well as send it to the
8) Press PERFORM so it's lit.
9) Press F3 "Part" and then press the TRACK 10 button.
10) Use the CURSOR buttons to select "Part Pan."
11) Use the VALUE dial to set the value to "63R."
12) Press F5 "Effects."
13) Use the CURSOR buttons to select "Output" and use the VALUE DIAL to select
14) Press EXIT.
Use the following procedure to route the bass part:
15) Press F4 "Part" and then press a TRACK button.
16) Use the CURSOR buttons to select "PART PAN" and set desired value to "L64."
17) Press F5 "Effects."
18) CURSOR to "Part Output" and use the VALUE DIAL to select "DIR."