R-5: Copying patterns
It is very easy to copy a pattern to another location on the R-5. Doing so
will allow you to make quick variations of an existing pattern. Use the
following procedure to copy a pattern to another location:
1) Select the pattern you wish to copy.
2) While holding down SHIFT, press PAD 13 (COPY).
3) Use the CURSOR buttons (>) to select BAR 01.
4) Enter the first bar of the pattern to be copied.
5) Move the cursor under the number in parenthesis using the [<] and [>]
6) Use the VALUE SLIDER to enter the number of bars to be copied.
7) Move the cursor under "PTN ___" and enter the value for the destination
8) Press ENTER.