BR-1180, BR-1180CD: Using Scrub and Preview to Find the Music Ending Point
First you must enable use of the Preview Function at the BR-1180/1180CD:
1. Press UTILITY.
2. Use CURSOR to select the Scrub/Preview icon, and press ENTER.
3. Use CURSOR DOWN to move the cursor to Preview SW, and rotate the TIME/VALUE dial to setting ON. This enables use of the Preview Function.
4. Press EXIT several times to return to the top screen.
USING SCRUB AND PREVIEW
1. Hold down STOP and press PLAY.
The PLAY indicator begins flashing and scrubbing starts.
During Scrub playback, pressing REW will play back a region of one second up to the current location (PREVIEW TO). Pressing FF will play back a region of one second starting at the current location (PREVIEW FROM).
2. Use the Preview Function while scrubbing to search for the point where the music ends.
Slowly turn the TIME/VALUE dial to move the current position and search for the ending point of the phrase (e.g., where sound is last emitted).
At this time, use REW to make sure that the phrase is not simply cutting in and out during playback.
3. After you find the exact point where the music ends, press STOP to stop scrubbing.
HINT: In order to easily find this location later, it is convenient to press MARK to assign a marker to the current location.