VS-2480, VS-2400, VS-2000: Auto And Source Record Modes
There are two different modes that you can monitor the signal on any of the tracks that you have armed for recording (flashing red STATUS button).
1. The default mode is "AUTO". This means that if you are recording, the signal you are hearing is the signal coming from an input or another track. If you are just playing, the signal you will hear is what has been recorded to that track and is now playing back.
2. The other mode is called "SOURCE". This means that whether you're recording or playing, the signal you are hearing is the signal coming from an input or another track. This is useful for when you actually want to rehearse your performance before actually recording it. You can just press PLAY and then play along with the other tracks, but not record. Of course, when you're ready to record all you have to do is press PLAY+REC.
To quickly switch between "AUTO" or "SOURCE" mode for any recording track, do the following :
- Arm your recording track(s) by pressing the STATUS
button for that track so it flashes red.
- By default the recording track is in "AUTO" mode.
- To switch to "SOURCE", press and hold PLAY, then tap
the flashing red STATUS button. It will then flash
red and amber (yellow-orange). To toggle back to
the "AUTO" mode press and hold PLAY and tap the
STATUS button again.