It's possible to select a different MIDI note to be transmitted from each pad on the TD-4KP. From the factory, the notes have already been assigned, however they can be changed if desired. Here's how:
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Press the SEL down button to select "6 MIDI."
4. Press the OK button.
5. Hit the pad that you'd like to assign a MIDI Note number to.
6. Turn the +/- knob to choose the Note Number.
7. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any remaining pads if desired.
8. Press EXIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically.