G-1000, EM-2000: External ZIP Drive Connection
The G-1000 and EM-2000 have a SCSI port for connecting external storage
devices. Use the following procedure to connect an external SCSI ZIP drive:
1) Turn the keyboard off.
2) Connect an external SCSI ZIP drive to the SCSI port on the back of the
keyboard using a SCSI cable.
3) Set the external ZIP drive I.D. to 6.
4) Set the external ZIP drive Termination to "OFF."
5) Turn the external ZIP drive on.
6) Turn the keyboard on.
7) Press F5 [Disk].
8) Press M Drums [DEVICE].
9) Insert a ZIP Disk into the external ZIP drive.
10) Press M Drums [SCAN], "EXECUTING ... please Wait" will be displayed.
NOTE: When scanning is complete, "6 HD mounted" will be displayed in the device
list. "5 HD mounted" in the device list refers to the G-1000 / EM-2000 internal