Fantom, FA-76: Assigning the Realtime Control Knobs
Using the REALTIME CONTROL knobs on the Fantom allows for greater expressive control of the sound.
Follow these steps to assign the Realtime Control knobs:
1. Select the desired Patch you wish to play.
2. While holding JUMP, turn one of the REALTIME CONTROL knobs to open the "Knob" assign page.
3. CURSOR right or left to select the knob you wish to reassign.
4. Press LIST to open the "Controller Assign" menu.
5. Turn the VALUE dial to select the controller you wish to assign to this knob.
6. Press 8 "Select."
7. Repeat steps 3-6 to assign another knob.
8. Press EXIT to close the "Knob" assign page.
NOTE: In Patch mode and in Multitimbre mode, the REALTIME CONTROL knob settings are saved for each Patch. In order to save these settings you will need to write the Patch you are using to the User memory. In Performance mode, the REALTIME CONTROL knob settings are saved for each Performance. In order to save these settings you will need to write the Performance to the User memory.
HINT: With a knob assigned to "CC07:VOLUME," it is possible to record volume change messages into your song in real time.