RD-170: Using the Sequencer
The RD-170 comes with a two-track sequencer for recording musical ideas. Use the following procedure to record your music.
1. Select the desired tone for recording (see Selecting Sounds).
2. Press the REC buttonthe TRACK 1 and PLAY buttons begin flashing.
3. Press the METRONOME button if you would like to play along with a metronome, and use the DEC/INC buttons to adjust its tempo.
4. Press PLAY to start recording Track 1, or just begin playing and the RD-170 will automatically start recording.
5. Press PLAY to stop recording Track 1.
6. Press PLAY to listen to your recording.
7. Press PLAY again to stop playback.
8. Press RECthe TRACK 2 and PLAY buttons begin flashing.
9. Select the desired tone for Track 2.
10. Press PLAY to start recording Track 2 while listening to Track 1.
11. Press PLAY to stop recording.
12. Press PLAY again to listen to both tracks.
13. Press PLAY to stop playback.
Note: To preserve your recording when you turn off the RD-170, you must save your song in the RD-170s Song Memorysee Page 21 of the RD-170 Owners Manual.