SP-808: Switching the MIDI OUT/THRU Connector
On the SP-808, MIDI OUT and MIDI THRU are combined into one connector. Although this connector is set at the factory to MIDI OUT, it can be changed to a THRU setting. Use the following procedure to change this setting:
1. Press SYSTEM/DISK.
2. Press CURSOR DOWN to select "Set MIDI Param?"
3. Press ENTER/YES to call up the MIDI settings screen.
4. Press CURSOR DOWN/UP to select "Out/Thru Select."
5. Rotate the VALUE/TIME dial to set either "OUT" or "THRU."
6. Press PLAY to return to the basic screen.