D-5: Creating a Layer Performance
Use the following procedure to create a layer in Performance on the D-5:
1. Press the MODE button to select the PERFORMANCE Mode.
2. Use the BANK 1-8 and the NUMBER 1-8 buttons to select the Patch you want to edit.
3. Press EDIT.
4. Press LOWER to select Patch.
5. Use the VALUE buttons to select DUAL.
6. Use the DISPLAY buttons to select Lower Tone Sel.
7. Use the LOWER and UPPER buttons and the VALUE buttons to choose a Tone for the LOWER Part.
8. Use the DISPLAY buttons to select Upper Tone Sel.
9. Use the LOWER and UPPER buttons and the VALUE buttons to choose a Tone for the UPPER Part.
10. Use the DISPLAY buttons to select Tone Balance.
11. Use the VALUE buttons to mix the levels of each Tone in the Layer.
12. Press the COMPARE button to hear how the Patch sounded before you began editing.
13. When you are finished editing the Patch, press the WRITE button to save your new settings.
14. Use the A/B, BANK and NUMBER buttons to choose a location to save your new settings.
15. Press ENTER, (WRITE, and ENTER again if Memory Protect is on), to complete the procedure.