Fantom X6, Fantom X7, Fantom X8: Sampling
The Fantom-X contains a sampler for recording audio sources from a microphone, CD and so on. Use the following steps to sample:
1. Connect a microphone or CD player to the appropriate input on the back of the Fantom.
2. While holding SHIFT, press MIX IN.
3. Turn the VALUE dial to select the appropriate input selection.
Note: If youre using a microphone, first confirm that any connected amplifiers or monitors are turned down before selecting MICROPHONE.
4. Press the SAMPLING button so its flashing.
5. Press F1 (Sampling).
6. Speak into the microphone or play your external sound source while turning the LEVEL control knob clockwise to adjust your input levels.
Note: If the levels are too high, the PEAK indicator next to the LEVEL control knob lights. If this occurs, reduce the input level.
7. Press F8 (Start).
8. Perform or play whatever it is youre sampling.
9. Press F7 (Stop) when youre finished.
10. Press and hold F8 (Preview) to hear the sample.