VS-2480, VS-2480CD: Copying a Project
Use the PROJECT menus COPY operation to make a copy of a project. This can be done to the current drive partition, a different drive partition, or an external hard drive, providing the destination drive has enough free space. This can be handy when you want to have a safety copy of a project while you work on the original. It can also be useful if you need to create multiple versions of a project based on the same original work. Finally, it can be helpful if youre having problems backing up a project.
Copying a Project:
1. Press PROJECT.
2. With the TIME/VALUE dial, select and mark the project(s) you want to copy.
3. If COPY isnt visible above F1, press PAGE until it is.
4. Press F1(COPY)the PROJECT COPY screen appears.
5. "DESTINATION DRIVE" will be displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen. If the listed drive partition is not the desired destination for the copy, press F4(SelDrv) and use the TIME/VALUE dial to highlight the desired drive partition, and press F5(SELECT) to choose it.
You can wipe the destination drive clean before copying your data to it.
6. Set Erase all Projects to:
Off if you want to add what youre copying to the list of projects already on the destination drive.
On if you want to clear the drive so it contains only what youre copying.
7. Press F5(OK)the VS-2480 asks: "Copy to IDE:x Sure?": (x is the drive chosen in step 5).
8. Press ENTER/YES to proceed, or EXIT/NO to cancel the COPY operation. If you pressed ENTER/YES, the VS-2480 asks if you want to store any changes youve made to the currently loaded project before beginning the COPY process.
9. Press ENTER/YES to save your most recent changes to the currently loaded project before copying the marked project(s), or EXIT/NO to simply begin copying.
10. If "Erase all Projects" was set to "on", the VS-2480 asks if youre sure you want to erase the destination drive firstpress ENTER/YES to do so, or EXIT/NO to cancel copying.