System Exclusive messages use the Device ID rather than the MIDI channel to identify the recipient of a message. As with MIDI channels, the Device ID on the transmitting and receiving devices must match for the exclusive data to be exchanged. To set the device id (1-32) on the AR-2000, use the following procedure:
1. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will light.
2. Rotate the SELECT dial to select "6.6 Device ID."
3. Press the SELECT dial.
4. Rotate the SELECT dial to select the Device ID (1-32).
5. Press the SELECT dial.
6. Rotate the SELECT dial to select "SET." If you select "EXIT," the setting will be canceled.
7. Press the ENTER button to set the specified Device ID.
8. Press the MODE button. The MODE indicator will go out.