XP-80, XP-60: Recording into a Pattern
Each song can contain up to 100 Patterns. These Patterns can be used for storing short musical ideas or creating short sections to be chained together to build a song.
Follow these step to record a Pattern:
1. Press PERFORM.
2. Turn the VALUE Dial to select "PR-A:12 Pop Set One."
3. Press SEQUENCER.
4. Press the "a/b/c/d / PATTERN" button.
5. Use the CURSOR keys and VALUE Dial to select a Pattern.
6. Use the CURSOR keys and VALUE Dial to select a PART.
NOTE: Select PART 10 if you wish to record drums.
7. CURSOR down and turn the VALUE Dial to select the Patch or Rhythm Kit for the selected Part.
8. Press REC to enter "Realtime Rec Stand-by."
9. Use the CURSOR keys and VALUE Dial to make the desired record settings.
NOTE: Be sure to set "Mode" to "MIX" if you wish to record along with previously record material.
10. Press STOP/PLAY to begin recording.
11. Press STOP/PLAY to finish recording.
NOTE: For more information about chaining Patterns together to create your song see the Help Desk entry: "Creating a Song from Patterns."