RS-50: Splitting the Keyboard
Each patch on the RS-50 uses two tones called the upper tone and the lower tone. The Key Mode setting lets you determine how these two tones are played from the keyboard. Use the following procedure to split the keyboard and select sounds:
1. Press PATCH so its lit.
2. Press KEY MODE so SPLIT is lit. The upper tone now plays in the upper part of the keyboard and the lower tone plays in the lower part of the keyboard.
3. Press PARAM beneath EDIT so its lit.
4. Press DESTINATION TONE so UPPER is lit, and then use the VALUE -/+ buttons to select a tone for the upper part of the keyboard.
5. Press DESTINATION TONE so LOWER is lit, and then use the VALUE -/+ buttons to select a tone for the lower part of the keyboard.
6. Press EXIT to return to the Patch Play screen.
Note: A good example of a split patch is Pf12: RS Grand/Abs.