SP-303: Loading .wav and .aiff files into the SP-303.
The SP-303 converts ".wav" and ".aiff" files in groups of 8 files at a time. As a result, Bank C and Bank D must be loaded in 2 separate steps. Use the following procedure to convert load ".wav" or ".aiff" files:
First format a SM (Smart Media) Card in the SP-303:
1. Insert a SM Card into the SP-303.
2. While holding CANCEL press REMAIN to display "FMt."
3. Press BANK C or D so it is lit. DEL will begin blinking.
3. Press DEL to begin formatting. When the dots in the display stop blinking and remain off, formatting is finished and the entire card is now newly formatted.
Note: Formatting deletes all previously stored data on the Smart Media card.
4. Turn the SP-303 off and remove the SM card.
Now load the sample files onto the formatted SM card using your computer:
1. Insert the formatted SM card into an SM reader attached to your computer.
2. Copy eight ".wav" or ".aiff" files to the SM Card. (No Directories are needed.)
3. Re-name Samples as specified below:
Rename .wav files: - - Rename .aiff files:
SMPL0001.WAV - - - - SMPL0001.AIFF)
SMPL0002.WAV - - - - SMPL0002.AIFF)
SMPL0003.WAV - - - - SMPL000E.AIFF)
SMPL0004.WAV - - - - SMPL0004.AIFF)
SMPL0005.WAV - - - - SMPL0005.AIFF)
SMPL0006.WAV - - - - SMPL0006.AIFF)
SMPL0007.WAV - - - - SMPL0007.AIFF)
SMPL0008.WAV - - - - SMPL0008.AIFF)
Note: Do NOT mix WAV and AIFF files
4. When finished, insert the SM card back into the SP-303 and turn it back on.
5. Press BANK C. (Rec will light up.)
6. Press Rec. (Convert loading can take up to 10 minutes depending on file sizes) The SP-303 will create 8 new files on the Card with names specific to BANK C.
7. When the SP-303 is finished, turn it off and remove the SM card.
8. Insert the SM Card back into the SM reader attached to the computer.
9. Overwrite the previous ".wav" or ".aiff" files with new samples for bank D.
10. Re-name the new samples as before. (Step #3)
11. When finished, insert the SM card back into the SP-303 and turn it back on.
12. Press bank D. (Rec will light up.)
13. Press Rec. (Convert loading can take up to 10 minutes depending on file sizes) The SP-303 will create 8 new files on the Card with names specific to BANK D.