BR-1180CD, BR-1180: Auto Punching In and Out
Automatically punching in and out at predetermined locations (or times) in the song is referred to as auto punching in/out. When you want to punch in and out at accurate times or when you want to concentrate on playing rather than punching in and out manually, the auto punch in/out function is very useful.
Before you begin recording, you must register the locations at which punch-in and punch-out will occur automatically.
1. Move to the location where you wish to punch-in. Press AUTO PUNCH IN/OUT IN, and the current location will be registered as the punch-in location. At this time, the IN indicator will light, showing that the punch-in location has been registered.
2. Move to the location where you wish to punch-out. Press AUTO PUNCH IN/OUT OUT, and the current location will be registered as the punch-out location. At this time, the OUT indicator will light, showing that the punch-out location has been registered.
3. Move to a location earlier than the point where you wish to begin re-recording, and press AUTO PUNCH IN/OUT ON/OFF. The indicator lights up, showing that the auto punch in and out have been set.
4. Arm the chosen track for recording by pressing the appropriate REC TRACK 1-9/10 button. Press REC to place the BR-1180/1180CD in recording standby and then press PLAY. Recording automatically starts at the auto punch-in location, so start playing what you want to record. At the point you specified for punch-out, the track will automatically change back to play mode.
5. When you finish recording, press STOP.
6. Listen to the re-recorded result. Return the song to a point earlier than you re-recorded, and play it back.
Adjust the volume of the recorded track using the TRACK fader.