EM-2000: Turning the Metronome Off in 16-Track Sequencer Mode
The EM-2000 has no procedure for completely disabling the metronome in 16-track
sequencer mode. When playing rubato style, without reference to a regular beat,
hearing a metronome would not be desirable. The metronome menu has the
following options defining when the metronome will sound: "Record," "Play,"
"Record and Play" and "Always." Here is a workaround for muting the metronome,
which involves adding an extra step to the recording and playback process.
Use the following procedure to mute the metronome during recording in 16-track
1) Press SONG TOOLS, then press M DRUMS [16 TRACKS SEQUENCER] to enter
16-track sequencer mode.
2) Press PAGE [ v ] to display menu page #2.
3) Use the BASS BANK [METRON] knob to select "Play" under Mode.
4) Press PAGE [ ^ ] to display the main sequencer record page and begin
recording as you normally would.
When you are satisfied with your recording, use the following procedure to
playback your performance with the metronome muted:
1) Press PAGE [ v ] to display menu page #2.
2) Use the BASS BANK [METRON] knob to select "Record" under Mode.
3) Press RESET, then PLAY / STOP to begin playback.