GT-100 ASSIGNS 101 :
The GT-100 has the ability to assign or "target" various parameters such as ON/OFF switches, effect level increase and decrease, EQ changes and many more. These targeted parameters can be controlled by what is called a "SOURCE." A SOURCE is a button, footswitch or pedal on the GT-100, or a connected external pedal and/or midi controller that has been connected for additional control and functionality. There are 8 Assigns that you can setup per-patch.
For this example, we'll use the ACCEL/CTL pedal to turn on and off the delay effect.
1. Choose a patch to edit.
2. To access the ASSIGN menu, begin by pushing the CTL/EXP button.
3. Looking at the left -side screen, turn the #4 knob (SELECT) to choose the ACCEL/CTL icon.
4. Turn knob 5 clockwise to choose "LED ON/OFF" (in the right-side of the screen). This allows us to use this pedal as a CTL switch with LED functionality.
5. Looking back at the left side screen, turn the knob 4 to select "ASSIGN1."
6. Turn knob 5 to set the ASSIGN switch to "ON."
7. Turn knob 6 to choose "ACC/CTL PDL" for the Source.
The "SOURCE" is the button, footswitch, pedal, controller or midi CC# that you want to assign to control the parameter you will pick for the TARGET.
Remember, for our example we are choosing the "ACCEL CTL" pedal as our Source and it is controlling the "ON/OFF" parameter (or switch) of the delay effect.
Turn knob 7 to choose "TOGGLE" for the Source Mode. There are two choices here:
TOGGLE means that when you step on the pedal, it will activate and stay activated until you turn it back off by pressing the pedal again. Thus - “toggling” between on and off.
MOMENTARY means that when you step on the pedal it activate the parameter and will stay activated as long as you keep your foot held down on the pedal. As soon as you release your foot, the switch is deactivated. Thus - only engaging the pedal for the “moment” your foot is holding the pedal down.
8. Press the PAGE right [►,] button to navigate to PAGE 2.
9. Turn knob 5 to choose "DELAY." (a sub-menu will appear as you turn the knob). Here you are choosing which effect you will be controlling.
10. Turn knob 6 to choose "ON/OFF." Here you are choosing which parameter of the effect you are controlling.
TARGET MIN/MAX: Leave as TARGET MIN: OFF and TARGET MAX: ON
This specifies the range of change for the specified TARGET parameter. Depending on the TARGET you chose on the TARGET line, you will see different ranges displayed between the MIN/MAX. Some are as simple as "OFF" and/or "ON," while others can be millisecond variation from 5ms-3400ms, or could have a range level from 0-100. These variables are dependent on the TARGET.
The last two lines are ACT RANGE LO/ACT RANGE HI (Active Range) and are generally kept at the default range of 0 and 127. An example of wanting to adjust these would be if the throw of the expression pedal physically is too long for you and you want to shorten the effect range between heel down and toe down. You could modify that here.
11. Press EXIT to return to the main screen
Tip: If you want to check your work, press the EFFECTS button, and then turn knob 4 to choose the DLY icon. Now press the ACCEL/CTL pedal to turn the Delay effect ON and OFF.
12. Press the WRITE button twice to save the new settings to a User patch.