BR-1180CD, BR-1180: Repeatedly Recording Over the Same Location (Loop Recording)
The repeat function allows you to play a certain portion of a song (the repeat portion) over and over again. Using the repeat function and auto punch in/out together in this manner to repeatedly perform recording is known as loop recording .
Before you begin recording, you will need to set the starting and ending position of the portion to be repeated. The portion to be repeated should contain the portion that you wish to re-record (the portion between the punch-in and punch-out points). If the portion to be re-recorded is not fully contained in the repeat portion, the recording may not start or end as desired.
Heres how you can use the Repeat function and Auto Punch-in/out to re-record part of the previously recorded track 1.
1. Press REC TRACK 1. The REC TRACK 1 indicator will light alternately in orange and green.
2. Place the fader for track 1 about 2/3 of the way up.
3. Press AUTO PUNCH IN/OUT ON/OFF. The indicator lights up, showing that the auto punch in and out have been set.
4. Use the repeat function to repeat the playback of the song and adjust the volume of the input source using the INPUT LEVEL knob. Listen to the track you will be re-recording and the input source and adjust the volume of the input source so that it is the same level as the track.
5. When you are ready to re-record, press REC during repeat playback to begin re-recording. When you press REC, recording will occur from the first-appearing punch-in point to punch-out. When you are ready to re-record, press REC during repeat playback to begin re-recording.
6. Press STOP to stop recording.
7. Press REPEAT to make the button indicator go dark.
8. Press the AUTO PUNCH IN/OUT ON/OFF, causing the ON/OFF indicator to go out.
9. To delete a segment's punch-in/-out settings, hold down DELETE and press IN/OUT.