TD-4, DT-HD1: TD-4 MIDI Settings for the DT-HD1 Drum Tutor
When you're connecting the TD-4 to the DT-HD-1 software, you'll need to change the MIDI note-number assignments of the TD-4 to match the DT-HD1 software's settings. Follow these steps to make the necessary changes.
1. On the TD-4, press the MENU button.
2. Turn the -/+ knob until "TOM 3" appears at the top of the display.
3. Press the SEL down button until "MIDI" is displayed, and then press OK.
4. Turn the -/+ knob to change NOTE# to "43."
5. Press OK.
6. Turn the -/+ knob until "Crash 2 Bow" appears at the top of the display.
7. Press OK.
8. Turn the -/+ knob to change NOTE# to "51."
9. Press MENU to exit.
Note: The DT-HD1 was designed to work with single-trigger drum pads. As a result, it won't respond when you hit the rim of the snare or the edge of any cymbals. Take care to only strike the head of the drums and the bow (top) of the cymbals when using the Drum Tutor software.