SP-808: Using MIDI Machine Control
MIDI Machine Control permits a master device to control remote functions on connected slave devices. Use the following procedure to enable MMC (MIDI Machine Control) on the SP-808:
1. Press [SONG/TRACK], then press the down cursor to select "Set Song Param?"
2. Press [ENTER/YES].
3. Press the down cursor to select the "MMC Mode."
4. Rotate the VALUE/TIME dial to select from the following options.
OFF: MMC information is not exchanged.
MASTER: This sets the SP-808 as the MMC master.
SLAVE: This sets the SP-808 as the MMC slave.
5. Press [PLAY] to return to the basic screens.
6. To save the settings, hold down [SHIFT] and press [ENTER/YES] to call up the Save screen and press [ENTER/YES] to save the song.