XV-5080: Sample Append
The XV-5080 can load or "Append" samples into internal memory without
discarding the existing samples already in memory.
Use the following procedure to load samples with the Append function:
1. Press PATCH.
2. Press DISK.
3. Press F1 (Load).
4. Press F1 (Drive).
5. Rotate the VALUE dial to select the SCSI drive that contains the samples.
6. Press F6 (Ok).
7. Use the UP and DOWN CURSOR buttons to select PATCH.
8. Press the RIGHT CURSOR button to open the Patch folder.
9. Use the UP and DOWN CURSOR buttons to highlight the Patch that you wish to
10. Press F5 (MARK) to Mark the Patch.
11. Press F6 (Select).
12. Press F6 (Load).
13. Rotate the VALUE dial to select a destination for the Patch.
14. Press F6 (OK). A warning screen will appear "Warning Partial/Sample on the
SIMM will be discarded, Sure?".
15. Press F5 (Append) and the Patch, Performance or Sample that you are loading
will be added to the existing samples without discarding the existing samples
already in memory.
16. Press PATCH to return to the Patch Play display.