VS-2000CD: Formatting the Drive
Formatting the drive erases the entire drive, all partitions included. This is useful when encountering or preventing fragmentation problems, or when you first get a new drive.
1. Hold down SHIFT and press the F1[Project] button. This takes you to your Project List.
2. Navigate the cursor so that the box is around an IDE drive.
3. If "FMTDRV" isn't visible above F2, press the PAGE button until it is.
4. Press the F2 button to display the Format Drive screen.
5. Cursor to the box that says Physical Format and use the Time/Value dial to turn it to "ON".
5. Press F5 for "OK" and the message, "Format Drive IDE: Ok?" will be displayed, press the ENTER[YES] button to continue.
6. Another message, "Format Drive IDE: Sure?" will be displayed, press the ENTER[YES] button to continue.