R-1: Mics to use with the R-1

Tags: condenser,mics,stereo,r-1,xlr
It's recommended that you use a stereo mic in order to record left and right sound. If you use a mono mic, you need to set the R-1 to record mono (see pg 13 of your manual). If you have an XLR condenser mic, you'll need a mic pre-amp for phantom power (+48v). These devices are available in a wide array of styles, functions (and costs) from your local music retailer.