The SPD-SX contains a Dynamics switch function that can be set for each pad in a Kit. When the Dynamics switch is set to "ON" for a pad, playing on that pad will produce dynamics - (Hitting softly produces a low volume level. Hitting the pad hard produces a louder volume level).
When the Dynamis switch is set to "OFF," the pad will produce a fixed volume level.
Here's how to set the Dynamics switch for pads in a Kit.
1. Choose a KIT to edit.
2. Press MENU.
3. Cursor to the "PAD" icon and then press ENTER.
4. Press the function 2 button (MODE).
5. Cursor down to "DYNAMICS."
6. Hit the pad that you want to change the Dynamics setting for.
7. Press +/- to make the desired setting (ON/OFF).
8. Repeat Steps 6-7 for any remaining pads.
9. Press KIT when you're finished. The new settings are saved in the Kit automatically.