Selecting Instruments in a Kit
Any of the TD-12s drum kits can be customized. Tuning an instrument, changing the apparent shell depth of a tom or adding the sound of rivets to a cymbal are just a few of the things you can do. Choosing your own instruments for the pads in a kit is a good place to start. Here's how it's done:
1. Press KIT so it's lit.
2. Turn the VALUE dial to select the kit you'd like to edit.
3. Press INST so it's lit.
4. Press F5 until H & R is not shaded.
5. Hit the pad or a portion of the pad, such as the head or rim that contains the instrument you wish to change.
6. Turn the VALUE dial or use the + / - buttons to select the desired new instrument.
7. Repeat Steps 5-6 for the remaining pads.
8. When you're finished, press KIT your customization is stored automatically.