D-70: Creating a Split
The D-70 has four Zones: Lower 1 and Lower 2 (L-1, L-2) and Upper 1 and Upper 2 (U-3, U-4). A split point can be set between the Lower Zones (1 and 2) and the Upper Zones (3 and 4). Use the following procedure to set the Split-point and assign a Tone to each portion of the Split-point:
Setting the split point:
1. Press TONE DISPLAY.
2. Press F2 [Split] to select Split mode.
3. Hold F2 and press a note on the keyboard to select the Split point.
Assigning the Tones:
1. Hold the desired Tone/Zone select button (under the sliders) and press the TONE button.
2. Use the BANK 1-8 and NUMBER 1-8 buttons to select a Tone for that Zone.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to select Tones for the other three Zones.
Writing the Split into memory:
1. Press WRITE.
2. Use the A/B, BANK 1-8, and NUMBER 1-8 buttons to select a location.
3. Press WRITE.
4. Press ENTER.