VS-880: Recording from the Digital Input / Input Mix - Track Mix Mode
You can record the digital signal output from CD players, DAT and MD recorders, VS series recorders and other digital audio devices. The VS digital interface conforms to S/P-DIF.
1. Hold Shift and press the Mixer Mode Select button to change the VS-880 from Input Track Mode to Input Mix Mode.
2. Connect the digital coaxial cable from your audio device to the VS-880's digital input.
3. Press the [System] button until "System PRM ?" appears in the display and press [Yes]. MasterClk = INT will be displayed.
4. Turn the Time/Value dial to the right. "Digital In Lock" is displayed. Note: If "Digital In Unlock, Change INT Clock ?" appears, check to make sure your sample rates match or your cable.
5. Press the Ch Edit button for Input channel #5.
5. Using the parameter buttons (<>>), locate "Channel Link" and with your Time/Value dial, turn it "on".
6. Now parameter all the way left until "INc BUSS Sel =" appears in the display.
7. Turn the Time/Value dial to select the tracks you wish to record to (1-2,3-4,5-6,7-8).
8. Press the Mixer Mode Select button so Track Mix lights up.
9. Press the Ch Edit button for the track(s) you wish to record to.
10. Parameter right (<>>) until the display says
"Channel Link" and with the Time/Value dial, turn it "on".
11. Press Play/Display.
12. Press and hold Record and the Status buttons for the track(s) you wish to record to so they blink red.
13. Press Record and Play to begin recording.
Note: If you do not want to record in stereo, don't Channel Link the tracks you are recording to. In this case
the odd numbered tracks will record the Digital Left signal
and the even numbered tracks will record the Digital Right