The best way to transfer song files between other sequencers (software or hardware) and the FA-06 and FA-08 is to use the Standard MIDI File format. Here is the procedure to load a Standard MIDI File into the sequencer on the FA-06 / FA-08:
- Connect the SD card from the FA-06 / FA-08 to your computer and copy the SMF to the IMPORT folder of the SD card.
- Connect the SD card to the FA-06 / FA-08 and power on the keyboard.
- Press SEQUENCER.
- Hold SHIFT and press the BASS/SYNTH BASS button under the screen to access the Song Utility menu.
- Cursor to "Import SMF" and press ENTER.
- Select the desired SMF to import and press the VOCAL/CHOIR button under the screen to import the file.
- Press the BRASS/WIND button under the display to confirm the operation.
The file will be loaded into the current song on the FA-06 / FA-08 and you can then play back and edit it as needed. You will need to save the song on the FA-06 / FA-08 if you wish to have it available in the future.