D-50: Bulk Load - One Way
Normally the D-50 is looking for a handshake command in order to load data through MIDI. This is not a problem if you are using two D-50's, however, if you need to do a one-way load (from a sequencer, for example) you will have to hold down the DATA TRANSFER button during the entire procedure to override the handshake command.
Use the following procedure to perform a one-way bulk load using a MIDI sequencer:
1. Connect the MIDI Out of the sequencer to the MIDI In of the D-50.
2. Press and hold the DATA TRANSFER button and while holding the button press SPLIT MODE [B.Load].
3. Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button and press ENTER.
4. Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button and send the MIDI data from your sequencer.
5. Continue holding the DATA TRANSFER button until "Complete" is displayed on the screen.
6. Press EXIT to return to play mode.
Note: The D-50 must be set to the same MIDI channel as it was when this information was originally sent.