TD-20, TD-12: Adjusting Crosstalk Cancel
When two or more pads are mounted to the same stand, hitting one pad may trigger the sound from another pad unintentionally. This is referred to as "Crosstalk." Increasing the Crosstalk Cancel (X-TALK CANCEL) value for a pad can help reduce the possibility of crosstalk.
Use the following procedure to adjust the Crosstalk Cancel
for a pad in the TD-12 or TD-20:
1. Press the TRIGGER button.
2. Press F4(XTALK).
3. Hit the pad that's being inadvertently triggered by another. For example, if you hit one of the tom pads and it triggers one of the crash pads, you'll want to increase the X-TALK CANCEL for the CRASH pad.
4. Turn the VALUE dial to adjust the XTALK CANCEL (OFF-80).
Important note: Using higher values of X-talk cancel can occasionally produce trigger problems for a pad. If this occurs, lower the X-TALK value for the pad.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for any remaining pads if needed.
6. When you're finished, press KIT. The new settings are saved automatically.