VM-3100: Adjusting the Track Volume of a VS-1680 from the VM-3100
The VM-3100 can be used to control the Track volume directly of a VS-1680 that
is connected via MIDI to the unit. Make sure that you have a MIDI cable
connected from the VM-3100s MIDI Out to the MIDI In of the VS-1680. Set-up
the following parameters in the VS-1680:
1) While holding SHIFT, press F5 [SYSTEM].
2) Press F4 [MIDI].
3) Use the UP, DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT CURSOR to select 'SysEX.Rx'.
4) Use the TIME/VALUE dial to select 'On'.
5) Use the DOWN CURSOR to select 'MMC'.
6) Use the TIME/VALUE dial to select 'Slave'.
7) Use the RIGHT CURSOR to select 'Control Type'.
8) Use the TIME/VALUE dial to select 'C.C.'.
9) Press F6 [EXIT].
10) Press PLAY/DISPLAY.
Use the following procedure to set-up the VM-3100 to change the volume of a
specific track on the VS-1680
1) Press SYSTEM(Contrast).
2) Press F1-F4 [ON/OFF].
3) Press F2 [MIDI].
4) Use the UP or DOWN CURSOR to choose 'Ch'
5) Rotate the VALUE dial to select the channel number that corresponds to the
track number on the VS workstation that you want to control.
6) Change the status of the track on the VS workstation by moving the fader on
Channel Seven of the VM-3100. The volume on the VS workstation track will
change accordingly to the position of the fader on the VM-3100.