SPD-S: Setting the Trigger Type for an External Trigger
Setting the Trigger Type for an external pad is crucial for optimum results. Use the following steps to select the Trigger Type for an external trigger that's connected to the SPD-S's trigger input:
1. Press SETUP.
2. Press PAGE right to select "TRIGGER INPUT."
3. Press ENTER.
4. Press PAGE right to select "TYPE."
5. Press ENTER.
6. Hit the external trigger to be set.
7. Press the + or - button to set the appropriate trigger type. For example, if the pad is a Roland PD-8, choose "PD."
8. Press EXIT when you're finished.