The JV-1080 is a 16-part multitimbral instrument. There are 64 preset performances and 32 user performances. To select a performance:
1. Press PERFORMANCE.
2. Press USER/CARD or PRESET to choose a performance bank.
3. Turn the VALUE dial to select a performance.
To change a patch for a part, or adjust levels, panning and other part parameters:
1. Press PARAMETER.
2. Press PART (written in blue)you can now see the patch currently selected for this part.
3. To access the patches for other parts, press PARAMETER again, it is not lit. Now you can use the 8 PART SELECT buttons (written in blue) to choose which part you want to edit. The 1-8/9-16 button will choose between Parts 1 through 8 or 9 through 16, respectively.
4. You can select other part parameters by pressing PARAMETER again and then pressing any PERFORMANCE EDIT button written in blue (i.e. COMMON, EFFECTS, MIDI, etc).
5. You can also press the PALETTE button to view all the parameter settings for Parts 1-8 or 9-16.