In the TD-30, it's possible to hit a pad and start, stop, or "tap" through a Pattern. This feature is called "Pad Pattern." Some of the factory kits have patterns already assigned to pads. Here's how to assign your own pattern to a pad.
1. Choose a Kit to edit.
2. Press the INST button so it's lit.
3. Press F3 (CONTROL).
4. Press F1 (PATTERN).
5. Press the cursor up or down button to select "PAD Ptn."
6. Hit the pad that you'd like to assign a pattern to.
7. Turn the dial to choose a desired pattern.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to assign any other pads if desired.
9. Press KIT when you're finished. The new setting is saved automatically.