When you use two sounds simultaneously in either Dual Mode or Split Mode it may sometimes be useful to shift the LOWER part by an octave. For example, in a piano and bass split, you may need to raise or lower bass sound by an octave to put it in the proper range for playing a walking bass line. Use the following procedure to set the Octave Shift amount:
1. Select either DUAL PLAY or SPLIT PLAY.
2. Press the FUNCTION button so it is lit.
3. Use the + / - buttons to select "Octave Shift" and press the flashing PIANO button.
4. Use the + / - buttons to set the Octave Shift amount.
NOTE: The Octave Shift can be set from -2 octaves to +2 octaves in 1 octave increments.
5. Press FUNCTION to return to the main menu.
NOTE: If you wish to keep your settings, be sure to save them in a Registration.