It's possible to select a different MIDI note to be transmitted from each pad on the TD-1K. From the factory, the notes have already been assigned, however they can be changed if desired. Here's how:
1. Press and release the SELECT button until the DRUMS indicator is lit.
2. Press and hold the metronome button until the DRUMS indicator begins flashing.
3. Release the metronome button, and then press and release the SELECT button so that the COACH indicator is flashing.
4. Hit the pad that you'd like to set the MIDI Note Number for. (The currently assigned Note Number appears in the display.
5. Press the + or - button to choose the Note Number.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for any other pads as desired.
7. Press and release the Metronome button when you're finished. The new settings are saved automatically, and will be retained even if the TD-1's power is turned off.