You can connect the MV-8000 to a Fantom-G series Workstation Keyboard to create a great recording setup that combines the sounds and keyboard of the Fantom-G with the recording style and power of the MV-8000.
1. Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT of the Fantom-G to the MIDI IN of the MV-8000. Connect another MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT A of the MV-8000 to the MIDI IN of the Fantom-G.
Using 1/4" cables, connect the OUTPUT A (MIX) outputs on the Fantom-G to the L and R MIC/LINE inputs on the MV-8000. Turn up the L and R SENS knobs to blend the Fantom's sound with the MV-8000. This setup allows you to not only monitor the Fantom-G, but also record it to audio tracks if you like.
On The Fantom-G:
- Press MENU, then press F2 (System).
- Press F1 /F2 to select the Sound page, then use the Value Dial to set the "Local Switch" setting to Off.
- Press F2 to select the MIDI page. Turn "Transmit Program Change", "Transmit Bank Select", "Soft Thru", and "Remote Keyboard Switch" off.
- Press F7 (System Write) to save your settings.
- Press STUDIO so it is lit.
- Press F3 (Part View). A list of sixteen instruments will appear.
- Highlight the first instrument and press ENTER. The Patch List will appear.
- Select the desired Patch or Rhythm Kit and press ENTER to return to the Part View screen.
On The MV-8000:
- From the main Song or Pattern screen, CURSOR UP or DOWN to select any MIDI track.
- Press F2 (Track Param). Turn "Output Assign" off.
- In the "MIDI" field, select the desired Fantom part. Select A-1 to transmit notes to the patch or rhythm kit selected in step 8 in the above section. Select A-2 to transmit notes to part 2, A-13 to transmit notes to part 13, and so on.
You can now create more MIDI tracks on the MV-8000 and play back up to 16 different sounds (on MIDI channels A1-A16) in the Fantom-G. This is addition to the 16 parts and the 10 Audio Tracks available in the MV-8000 itself.