1. Connect a MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT of the Fantom X to the MIDI IN of the MV-8800. Connect another MIDI cable from the MIDI OUT A of the MV-8800 to the MIDI IN of the Fantom X.
ON THE FANTOM X:
2. Press MENU, select System, and press ENTER.
3. Press F1/F2 to select the Sound page. Turn "Local Switch" off.
4. Press F2 to select the MIDI page. Turn "Transmit Program Change", "Transmit Bank Select", "Soft Thru", and "Remote Keyboard Switch" off.
5. Press F2 to select the USB page. Make sure "USB Mode" is set to Storage.
6. Press F8 (System Write) to save your settings.
7. Press LAYER/SPLIT. Select Performance "PRST: 01 Seq: Template.
8. Press F2 (Part View) and then F1 (Level Pan). A list of sixteen instruments will appear.
9. Highlight the first instrument and press ENTER. The Patch List will appear.
10. Select the desired Patch or Rhythm Kit and press ENTER to return to the Part View screen.
ON THE MV-8800:
11. Press SONG or PATTERN. CURSOR UP or DOWN to select any MIDI track.
12. Press F2 (Track Param). Turn "Output Assign" off.
13. In the "MIDI" field, select the desired Fantom part. Select A-1 to transmit notes to the patch or rhythm kit selected in step 10. Select A-2 to transmit notes to part 2, A-13 to transmit notes to part 13, and so on.
NOTE: The sound of the Fantom X will always play from its own audio outputs. To hear both the MV-8800 and Fantom X from the same set of speakers, use one of the following procedures:
A. Using 1/4" cables, connect the OUTPUT A (MIX) outputs on the Fantom X to the L and R MIC/LINE inputs on the MV-8800. Turn up the L and R SENS knobs to blend the Fantom's sound with the MV-8800.
B. Connect the audio outputs of both the MV-8800 and Fantom X to the inputs of a dedicated mixer.