It's important to back up your material regularly. Making a Backup copies the project to CD and allows you to reload it at any given time. Therefore, the projects that are backed up can be erased from the internal drive, freeing up space.
1. Insert the CD-R or CD-RW into your CD-R/RW drive.
2. Navigate to the Project List;
For the VS-2480: Press the PROJECT button.
For the VS-2400/VS-2000: Press and hold the SHIFT button and then press F1 (PROJECT).
NOTE: If using an external VGA display and mouse, click on the PROJECT menu at the top-left of the screen, then click on "PROJECT LIST."
3. Turn the TIME/VALUE dial to highlight the song(s) you wish to export.
4. Press F6 to mark each song.
5. Press the PAGE button until "BACKUP" shows in the display above F1.
6. Press F1 for "BACKUP" - The Project Backup screen appears.
7. The Project titles will be listed in the Source Projects box. Press the CURSOR buttons to navigate to the Verify box and then turn the TIME/VALUE dial to set it "ON".
8. Press the CURSOR buttons to navigate to the "CD Speed box and turn it to the highest value available. It is ok to use a slower speed if you wish.
9. Press F5(OK) to begin the back up process - "CD-R Backup, Sure?", appears in the display.
10. Press ENTER/YES -"Store Current?" appears.
11. Press ENTER/YES.
Note: If the back up is larger than what can fit on a single CD, the VS asks you for additional CD's as needed.
For information about operational procedures, you may our support documents at:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=338 (click on the "Support" tab beneath the product picture).