The RD-800 has two main units of sound - Tones and Live Sets.
- Tones are single sounds, like a Piano, Electric Piano, Organ, etc.
-Live Sets are a collection of 4 tones assigned to each layer (Upper 1, Upper 2, Upper, 3, Lower) along with their associated settings (reverb, eq, etc.).
To select a Tone:
- Press any of the TONE buttons to select the category.
- Use the DEC / [INC buttons or value dial to select the desired tone.
Note: You can register your favorite Tones to be selected when you press the Tone buttons by first selecting the Tone, then holding down the Tone button and pressing the WRITE button.
To select a Live Set:
- Press any of the LIVE SET buttons to select the bank (A–J).
- Use the DEC / IINC buttons or value dial to select the desired Live Set.
Note: You can register your favorite Live Sets to be selected when you press the Live Set buttons by first selecting the Live Set, then holding down the Live Set button and pressing the WRITE button.