GR-30: Setting the Bend Range
The Bend Range on the Roland GR-30 can be set to 0-7, 12 and 24. On most
keyboards and sound modules, the default Bend Range is 2 (2 half-steps). On the
GR-30, however, most Patches default to 12 because this setting more closely
corresponds with the natural bending range of guitar strings. Keep in mind
that if you are using the GR-30 to control an external sound module, you will
need to set the sound modules Bend Range to match that of the GR-30. For
example, if you are transmitting in MONO Mode (each string on its own MIDI
channel) over Basic Channel 11 at a Bend Range of 12, you will need to set the
Bend Range on the receiving sound module at 12 for all six parts receiving on
channels 11-16. To change the GR-30s Bend Range use the following procedure:
1) Use the EDIT TARGET dial to select MIDI.
2) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select [D] for BEND RANGE.
3) Press the EDIT/PLAY button.
4) Use the [-] or [+] buttons to select the desired Bend Range.
5) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE TO' and use the [-] or [+]
buttons to select a Patch location. (Remember that this procedure will
overwrite the old Patch in this location).
6) Use the PARAMETER SELECT dial to select 'WRITE PATCH' and press the [-] and
[+] buttons simultaneously to WRITE the patch into memory.