TD-4S, TD-4: Setting the Trigger Type for a Pad
The TD-4 is compatible with most all of Roland's pads (VH-12 not supported). For optimum trigger results, it's best to match the proper trigger type with the type of pad being used. Use the following steps to select the trigger type for a pad in the TD-4:
Note: From the factory, the TD-4's pads are already set to the proper Trigger Type settings. The following steps may only be needed when adding a new pad, or changing one of the existing pads.
1. Press the MENU button so it is lit.
2. Press the SEL down button to choose "PAD SETTINGS".
3. Press the OK button.
4. Hit the pad you'd like to set the Trigger Type for.
5. Turn the -/+ dial to select the appropriate Trigger Type.
6. When you're finished, press MENU. The new setting is saved automatically.