TD-8: Editing a Drum Instrument
The TD-8 allows you to customize drum sounds that display the V-EDIT symbol by choosing the type of drum head, tuning, various types of muffling, and more. Use the following steps to edit a snare drum:
1. Press KIT so its lit, and then press F1 [INST].
2. Use TRIG SELECT to select Trigger 3.
3. Cursor to GROUP and turn the VALUE dial to select V-SNARE.
4. Cursor to INST and turn the VALUE dial to select the desired V-Snare drum.
5. Press F2 [EDIT], and then F1 [SHELL].
6. Cursor to DEPTH and turn the VALUE dial to adjust the depth (NORMAL, DEEP 1,2,3,4).
7. Cursor to HEAD TYPE and turn the VALUE dial to select the type of drum head (Clear, Coated, or Pinstripe).
8. Cursor to TUNING and turn the VALUE dial to adjust the tuning (+ 480 / - 480) as desired.
9. Press F2 [MUFFLE].
10. Cursor to MUFFLING, and turn the VALUE dial to select the type of muffling (duct tape or doughnuts).
11. Cursor to STRAINER ADJ. and turn the VALUE dial to adjust the strainer as desired.
12. Press KIT to exit when youre finished.