DR-202: Recording a Pattern
The DR-202 has two methods of recording patterns - realtime and step. Let's use the realtime method to record a pattern.
1. Press STYLE and use the VALUE dial to select "USER."
2. Press PATTERN and use the VALUE dial to select an empty pattern.
3. Press REC, the DR-202 will enter Record Standby mode and the metronome will begin playing.
Note: You can use the > buttons and the VALUE dial to set the Measures, Meter, Quantize settings and name the pattern here. For this example, we will use the defaults (2 measures, 4/4 time).
4. Press BPM and use the VALUE dial to set the desired tempo. Press BPM again when finished.
5. Press KIT and use the VALUE dial to select the desired kit. You can play the Pads at this point to test the sounds. Press KIT again when finished.
6. Press START and use the Pads to input the pattern.
7. If you want to erase a part, hold DEL and press the Pad at the appropriate time to remove the sound.
8. Press STOP/CONT when finished.