VS-880: Recording from the Digital Input / Input Track Mode
You can record the digital signals output from CD players, DAT and MD recorders, VS series recorders and other digital audio devices. The VS digital interface conforms to S/P-DIF.
1. Connect the digital coaxial cable from your audio device to the VS-880's digital input.
2. Press the [System] button until "System PRM ?" appears in the display and press [Yes]. MasterClk = INT will be displayed.
3. Turn the Time/Value dial to the right. "Digital In Lock" is displayed. Note: If "Digital In Unlock" Change INT Clock ? appears, check to make sure your sample rates match or check your cable.
4. Press the Select button for the channel(s) you wish to record to.
5. Using the parameter buttons (<>>), locate "Channel Link" and with your Time/Value dial, turn it "on".
6. Now parameter all the way left until "Ch Input =" appears in the display.
7. Turn the Time/Value dial to select "Digital".
8. Press Play/Display.
9. Press and hold Record and the Status buttons for the track(s) you wish to record to so they blink red.
10. Press Record and Play to begin recording.
Note: If you do not want to record in stereo, don't Channel Link the tracks you are recording to.
In this case, "Ch Input =" would be "Digital L" (left)or "Digital R" (right) respectively.