AX-1: Setting the MIDI Transmit Channels
The AX-1 can transmit on up to two MIDI channels (Upper and/or Lower). The Keyboard Mode buttons are used to choose the active zones. Use the following procedure to set the MIDI channel for each zone:
1. Press PATCH so it is not lit.
2. Press EDIT so UPPER is lit.
3. Press the MIDI/PARAM button.
4. Type the desired MIDI channel value using the buttons numbered 1 thru 0 (for example, 1 then 5 for 15).
5. Press ENTER.
6. Press EDIT so LOWER is lit.
7. Press the MIDI/PARAM button.
8. Type the desired MIDI channel value using the buttons numbered 1 thru 0 (for example, 1 then 5 for 15).
9. Press ENTER.
Note: The LOWER and UPPER zones can not be set to the same MIDI channel. The UPPER zone for most preset patches is assigned to MIDI channel 1 and LOWER zone is assigned to MIDI channel 2. The MIDI/PARAM button will flash if the same channel is chosen for each ZONE. If you want to split the keyboard, press KBD MODE so both LOWER and UPPER are lit.