MC-808: Creating a New Pattern with Realtime Record
1. In the MODE section, press PATTERN.
2. Use the VALUE dial to select an empty pattern. They start at number 684.
NOTE: Holding SHIFT while turning the VALUE dial adjusts values much faster.
3. Press ENTER.
4. Press PATCH/SAMPLE.
5. Press PART SELECT 10 and use the VALUE dial to select the desired drum kit.
6. Press REC. The display will read "Realtime Rec". Press ENTER.
7. CURSOR RIGHT to select the "Rec Measure Len:" parameter. Use the VALUE dial to select how many measures (bars) your pattern will be.
8. CURSOR RIGHT until you get to the "Qtz Reso:" parameter. Use the VALUE dial to select the quantize resolution. If you're not sure, select "1/16".
10. Press PLAY. After a two measure count-in, begin playing the drum part with the MC-808's velocity pads.
11. When you're finished, press STOP.